Dates & Times:
Friday, February 3rd from 5:30pm-7:30pm
Saturday, February 4th from 10am-12pm
*Fill out the audition form and send in before audition
*Warm up your voice and body prior to arriving.
Comfortable dance clothing, hair pulled back, dance footwear (jazz, sneakers, tap, socks)
Prepare a 30-60 sec. vocal sample showcasing your voice A capella. (Make sure to choose something that highlights your ability to perform a song, not just sing!)
This Musical Theatre opportunity is for the chance to be cast in one or more small group broadway numbers to be rehearsed throughout WCT's 2023 Spring session. Performances are scheduled for the end of the year in WCT's Performer's Showcase (and other potential community events)!
This class will have 2 weekly components -
1. A workshop style class held on Saturday mornings where students will learn sections of choreography, vocals and dialogue from popular Broadway musicals. This is an opportunity for students to sharpen their skills and work toward every musical theatre student's goal of becoming a triple threat!
2. A Rehearsal time block on Fridays for students to rehearse the one or more numbers that they have been cast in. (Fridays rehearsal schedule TBA.)
Prepare 1, 30-60 second monologue (no more than 1 minute!) Please choose a monologue that showcases your strengths as an actor.
Performer commitment (if cast):
• Register for WCT's L2/3 Broadway Theatre Class (2022-2023 Spring Session)
• Friday rehearsal block from 5:30pm-7pm
• $30 costume fee per number cast